Saturday, November 20, 2004

At Sirmour during Vacations

-After finishing the train journey we visited a jain temple at satna before moving to sirmour. The road journey to Sirmour took 4 hours. The road was typically MP 'dehati' road. Even with all the tiring journey it was difficult to sleep or even dose in the jeep.

The Quarter is a nice one. I should rather call it a Bangalow, there was two gaurds to escort us(?).

The more intersting part was the interiors. The house had around 5-6 big rooms, and they were all very well conected by doors so it was quite confussing too. Papas' room had a TV with around 7-8 channels, which we watched for long time though we were tired.

The next day was Diwali, somehow the time passed easily and in the evening we had some guests coming to house. (They were made to join us in prayer :), the funny part is that we don't possibly pray like other Hindus we pray Lord Mahavir).

It was a really cool time, no tension of anything. just enjoying each and every movement, I had almost forgot such a celebration of Diwali when so many guests will come to home for celebrating Diwali. Nehil had already started bursting some crackers outside and I did join him. We had planned a trip next morning to the falls so we slept quite early 1 AM. :)

The next day 13 Nov, was one of the most well spent day, we went to see this fall named, purva fall (IIRC), the falls have really nice scenic beauty and I again missed my camera there. Then we went to the powerhouse. This was not a first visit to powerhouse so it was nothing great there except that close look to turbine, which I am sure not many are allowed to have. I remember the old Sarni days when we used to go to plant with papa, same big machines, similar noises, similar meters etc. new thing was my brother being with me and we both enjoyed a lot. The specially interesting part was the near cannal part where from the water went in to the powerhouse. There are two zones from which water rushes inside in high speed. We all threw some small things like thermocole and plastics in to it to see them plunge in to water with speed. This trip enjoyed overshaded the pains of travelling on road in that area. The non road part is much more prefered than the road. I was wondering how a car would survive so much bumps and also how the jeeps did survive them. In the evening we went to some ppls house for eating sweets :) Amoung the memorable ppl in this trip are that small fellow named 'manu', very notorious but neverthless cute also.

14 Nov, we went to see off mummy and didi for Jabalpur. We had to travel thru that sucking road to Riva, we meet some of fathers' old friends and then went to station. Evening was spent in Mittal Uncles' house. In the night we returned to Sirmor again throught that same road (I wish some Politician see this blog and thing of changing the road condition).

15 was spent just watching TV and then we 16 morning we left from Sirmar to Satna through a jeep. Allthought we wanted to reach Satna ASAP the driver couldn't refrain from keeping more and more savari getting us more and more delayed, he really frustated me beyound limits when at Riva he started loading some computer peripherals where he spent 15-20 minutes even after already been late. Me and Nehil were very angry and frustated. Somehow we reached the station at 6:30 PM(when we were supposed to reach at 6 PM), fortunately the train was late. This journey was spent without much problems though we couldn't get a sleeper ticket we stayed in sleeper class, the ppl were not friendly enuf to give us a seat so we spent time standing and then finally sitting on floor. Things were going fine until at katni where some police along with TT came in and really freaked me out. We could escape giving them 100/- Rs bribe. There was no question of whether bribing is good or bad, we wanted to escape as cheaply as possible. We reached the JBP station at around 10 PM then travelled to home on an auto. without much bargain paying him 40 bucks. At 10:30 PM we were home... I called up Dixit for registration but he was not in his room. So registration didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment