In respond to some M$ fan's post on his blog.
What is M$, well they call it a Innovative company, which files for patents like double click, using email as an object(tell me what it means, that you can drag it around the Desktop like files and folders ?), Apple's ipod technology (hahaha), also Vfat file system(which was already invented and described in a paper, before M$ implemented it), Use of tab key in keyboard to navigate links, and lots of other crapy stuff.
[All news were read from slashdot over past some time, you can search in slashdot if you wish to clarify]
Lets peek at some of the technologies/products of M$:
1) MS DOS (bought from some one for 50000 $)
2) Office (Powerpoint was bought from someone, eXcel was bought from someone else(Wipro AFAIK))
3) Hotmail (bought from Sabir Bhatia)
4) Windows 95 (copied/pirated totally from Apple, Billy has to join Apple to see the code?)
5) Loghorn (Every thing copied from Mac OS X, Window/Menu transparency, 3D, Spotlight(filesearch) etc.)
6) Monad (or whatever their Bash look-alike is, the source if obvious)
7) .NET ( JAVA++, J2EE++ )
8) MSN search (again bought from someone, ideas copied from Google/Yahoo too)
9) Email (they gave 4 MB, until Google gave 1 GB, when they realized that space was cheap and more should be offered, They are probably in process of copying the actual gmail interface currently)
10) Personalized MSN (again probably Yahoo or Google copied)
11) Some MSN earth search stuff( Again Google Maps, Google Earth copied)
12) Finally IE 7.0 ( you know they are still in process of copying stuff from Firefox/Opera, if they were the first to concieve the idea of tabs, by names tabs should have been patented too, they will probably still claim a patent on tabbed browsing (their usual style).
13) Some Ad stuff( Google adsense)
14) Desktop Search (again Spotlight(Mac OSX) + Google Desktop's copy).
More research done by some ppl here ,  
And they fired one employee who captured photos of arrival of Macintoshes in to their company in his blog. What should it indicate.
Do I need to put more examples? And then there is this CEO of there who was already a gone case, and now conditions are deteriorating with Microsoft employees shifting to Google.(one of the many funny mentions on the net)
If you could refer to my post on FSF AP, you find a mention of M$ giving free Windows and related software begging ppl to just use it in schools, when they are on there way to shift to GNU/Linux.
People should be little bit more realistic in their appreciation of a company and not just do it b'coz its very rich. For instance It did take AMD long time to come to competition with Intel but finally it is doing good in the market. Many ppl won't have expected any competition to Intel some time ago but now they buy AMD because of its proven quality, Same may happen in OS market or software market too.
I wouldn't like to spend any further time on such a post, just that it was required under the circumstances.