Pages

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Moving to wordpress (?)

After many attempts earlier the switch to wordpress seems coming now. I was able to import my blogger posts quite easily this time, and it was fast too.
The reason for the switch:
  • I am tired of waiting for the categorization feature to come up in blogger.
  • Wordpress has some awesome templates
  • Wordpress does have a more usable UI

And I found more good feature after the switch, wordpress's search is too good, its fast and accurate. Bloggers' search in your site feature doesn't ever work. Blogsearch is good but isn't limited to your own blog and ofcourse not accurate.

I have some problems with wordpress too, The sidebar is not as much configurable as blogger, I can't put Google Adsense or my own statcounter counter. Also the page rank of my blogger blog is good(4/10) and would be difficult to get that rank in wordpress soon :)

So I am currently planning to maintain both the blogs :) My new blogaddress is http://vardhman.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment