Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Mahavir Jayanti

It was Mahavir Jayanti yesterday, 4 of us(myself, Abhay, Chaitanya and Arpit) have pre decided to go to temple so we left the campus at around 7:45 AM for Aagapura Jain temple. We must have reached the temple by around 8:30 AM.

The temple was nicely decorated, (I have taken some snaps will take some time to get them done.) from this temple we decided to move to the other temple at begum bazaar, I was thinking it wud be a new place but thanks to my parents' visit last month I have seen this place already. ( During my parents 2-3 days of stay at Hyderabad I have been to temple more no. of times then I was in my 4 years all together).

Photos Inside the temple.
MyB'day

Mahaveer Jayanti 2005



In between we ate some good stuff at a Rajasthani sweet shop. Then We had the pleasure of seeing the Procession by some group of jain, Abhay remarked that this is the first time he is seeing so many Jain together. The procession was quite large in size thought numbers were lacking. (That 80-20% rule applies to Dharmic ppl, 20% of ppl perform 80% of religious activities). We came back to IIIT by 10:30 AM.

Photos At the Procession
Mahaveer Jayanti 2005

Mahaveer Jayanti 2005
Its surely another memorable outing in Hyderabad.

No comments:

Post a Comment